🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

is this companay any good?

Started by
2 comments, last by einstein2 22 years, 2 months ago
[........gone.........] [Edited by - einstein2 on May 14, 2010 3:38:27 PM]
Advertisement
We were also approached by Xtreme about a month ago. They answered all our questions and were quick to reply. I also did a search across the net on them and didn''t find anything bad said about them.

The only reservation we had was that they would put our game on a CD which contained another 3-12 games. This would mean that royalties would have to be split between the number of authors who had a game on the same CD.

(www.addictive247.co.uk)
http://www.addictive247.co.ukGet Hooked, Get Addicted!
Hi,

You should understand though that XTreme is basically acting as an agent - they are NOT a publisher like you may think.

They buy the non exclusive rights of a lot of games and then sell the lot to a publisher.

XTreme pays you a set amount of the money they get from that publisher. So they are actually a middleman. You should not go this way if you can sell directly to a publisher, even a budget publisher because you will get much less through the XTreme deal. Usually agents get 10 percent; I think XTreme takes at least 50%, maybe more.

Basically anyone who has a publishing contact can do this; granted, having a contact is worth something, but 50% or so of the profits for just including one of what, 12+ games is taking it a bit far if you ask me. In the end, what you're doing is giving them 50% even though they didn't write a single line of your game plus they're not even the actual publisher. If this is worth it is up to you.

hope this helps,

Mark

[edited by - Mark Tanner on April 18, 2002 8:17:48 AM]
I think XG gets the rights to all sequals to, right? [remember reading that]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement