🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Publishing & a company

Started by
1 comment, last by Nairb 22 years, 2 months ago
Hey, Two friends and I have nearly finished developing a computer game that Xtreme Games has expressed some interest in publishing. This being said, I have no idea of the legal things I must go through to make this arrangement legal and good. Do I need to create a company? Is it necessary, or can I just collect the royalties and distribute them between the other two people? If I must create a company, which type would be best? Where would I look for tax information? Those are all the questions that I know of that need to be addressed, but I may be missing something. If anyone can help me out, feel free to post. Thanks, --Brian
Advertisement
Please post your geographical location, since a lot of this stuff depends greatly on your country of operation.
_________________________The Idea Foundry
Your best bet would be to hire a lawyer to help you out. This way he/she can explain everything to you in person, and understand the publishing agreement completely. If you are planning on getting paid, then a couple hundred bucks for a lawyer is worth the investment.
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement