🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Old game programmers out of jobs?

Started by
1 comment, last by RajanSky 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I''m planning to be 35 in about 15 years, and I''m a little worried. From what I''ve heard: a) When you''re 35, no one will hire you anymore. b) When you''re 35, you''ll probably be too burned out anyway. I''d like to hear from some people in the industry, is this stuff really true??? What do game programmers do when they get older? I mean, even if it''s not as harsh as I made it sound, it''s obvious that there aren''t exactly any 60 year-old men hanging around in game programming teams, just look at any team and they''re all young people! This is really scary because even if I was a great game programmer for 15 years, it sounds like after that the prospects are very dim... Can anyone give me some advice or insight based on your experiences? Thanks a lot! Rajan
Advertisement
Switch industries. It''s not that hard to see. Or become a producer (Warren Spector).

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Cross post. Closed.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement