🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need helpto understand this passage

Started by
3 comments, last by selim 22 years, 1 month ago
Hello all, this week I bought Visual C++ and was visiting the msdn-site. I stumbled over Visual Studio Installer. There is a download link, but I am not sure, if I am allowed to download it. Could you tell me, if this passage, allows me to use VS Installer?
quote: Availability The Microsoft Visual Studio Installer is available for download to licensed customers of any Visual Studio 6.0 Professional or Enterprise edition tool, including: Visual Studio 6.0, Professional and Enterprise edition Visual Basic 6.0, Professional and Enterprise edition Visual C++ 6.0, Professional and Enterprise edition Visual InterDev™ 6.0 Professional edition Visual J++ 6.0 Professional edition Visual FoxPro® 6.0 Professional edition
Thanks a lot for your help! Cheers, Selim
Advertisement
It looks that way to me. Did you buy the professional or enterprise version of VC++? If so, you''re in the clear.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
yepp, I''ve the professional edition. That''s good,.. so I''ve a free installer
I''d recommend InnoSetup for an installer even if you can get MS''s. Free and very easy to to write install scripts.

Jack
Yo, thanks a lot for the information! I''ll elaborate it. I appreciate these kind of information, as it help me to enlarge my knowledge easily

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement