🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Starting up a Game Corperation

Started by
1 comment, last by Gamer1443 22 years, 1 month ago
What would be some good books souly on how you start up a Game Business from the layout to the managing of it. Game Design Area
Advertisement
A Game corporation is run just like any other corporation. If you want to start your own business I suggest taking classes at a college.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | Programming | Gang Wars | The Wall]
Nah, just get a good book. I found "The American Bar Association Legal Guide for Small Business" particularly helpful.
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0812930150/qid=1021355097/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_71_1/002-8247496-4866402

You should probably also find out if you can find the tax laws for your state online, and if you can, read up on them. If not, it might be worth the money to order the sections relating to business law. Not sure how you would go about ordering a particular section.

Do a www.google.com search for "start own business guide" or something.

Also, you may want to think about making your game before starting your corporation. This way you don''t waste any time/money upfront on licenses and stuff.

Hope I helped a bit!

Nathan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement