🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Dexterity's developer partners

Started by
6 comments, last by Dexterity 22 years, 1 month ago
Last week someone here suggested that we as a publisher should list on our web site which developers have signed publishing deals with us so far. I thought it was an interesting idea, so I ran it past those developers, and they all gave it a thumbs up. As a result we added a new item to our Developer FAQ with a list of our current developer partners: www.dexterity.com/developer/faq-developer-partners.htm Only one of these developers has seen their game released so far (Fitznik). The others are all in various stages of QA and will be launched when they go gold. Thanks to borngamer for the suggestion! Steve Pavlina Dexterity Software www.dexterity.com
-- Steve PavlinaDexterity Softwarewww.dexterity.com"Boredom's Greatest Enemy"Free Shareware Success Articles | Indie Game Dev Forums
Advertisement
That''s a good sign
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Wow, Congrats Steve. I see you have Kurt Miller on board. I allready bought his game but if he''s made changes for the Dexterity release i''m sure i''d be willing to buy it again. It''s for a good cause right?
That strayfire game is pretty cool, with some very nice graphics. Id be interested to know how successfull its been if the developer cares to post here?

http://www.positech.co.uk
Steve,

Thanks so much. It is great to know that you are taking developers seriously. I for one believe this is a great step towards building trust between your company and developers.

When I''m ready, I will seriously consider submitting my games to you for review.

Sincerely,

John Simpson
borngamer
quote: Original post by Ironside
Wow, Congrats Steve. I see you have Kurt Miller on board. I allready bought his game but if he''s made changes for the Dexterity release i''m sure i''d be willing to buy it again. It''s for a good cause right?

There will probably be at least some changes in the final Strayfire release. We put each game through a lot of testing, since we know these games will be selling for many years. We always find some bugs, even for games that have been previously tested and released by the developer. We also make numerous suggestions to each developer to improve the quality (especially minor tweaks to make the interface more intuitive). We had a long meeting yesterday where we went over each game''s demo to discuss ideas for optimizing each demo''s registration incentives.

I''ve been very impressed with how hard our developers have been working on these titles to prepare them for release. Even when a game looks 99% done, that last 1% of polishing can take a lot more than 1% of the total time.

Steve Pavlina
Dexterity Software
www.dexterity.com
-- Steve PavlinaDexterity Softwarewww.dexterity.com"Boredom's Greatest Enemy"Free Shareware Success Articles | Indie Game Dev Forums
Very nice!

I''ve been thinking of submitting one of my projects to Dexterity and this definitely makes me like the idea a lot more.

You know you''re a programmer when your computer is like family. When it''s more like a lover, you need help.
quote: Original post by Hikeeba
You know you''re a programmer when your computer is like family. When it''s more like a lover, you need help.

Or perhaps... you know you''re a programmer when you have more computers than family members.

Steve Pavlina
Dexterity Software
www.dexterity.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement