🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Do you make real money with games?

Started by
21 comments, last by selim 22 years ago
quote: Original post by Jester101
And I am proud to be not an ASP member (anymore).

Curious what you meant by that. Did you have some problem with the group?

P.S. How do you get signatures to work in here. I entered one but it never shows up (or does that not work, and everybody just copies and pastes their signature every time they post)

[edited by - LordKronos on June 25, 2002 2:10:28 PM]
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Advertisement
The ASP is really great, i''m a member and the resources they have are well worth the money. One caviat, the ASP is not like gamedev.net the majority of the participants on the newsgroup are not game developers. If your working on your first game you''ll probably get better support here at gamedev.net. However if you''ve compleated or nearly completed a game that you expect to sell the ASP will pay off big time.

There are a number of successful independant game developers who are very friendly and will give you all kinds of tips on what marketing methods work and what don''t. There are also a number of oppertunitys for promotion of your game though services offered to ASP members at a discount.

We here at gamedev.net have great support for folks developing games, but we are pretty poor at supporting people who are marketing and selling them. The ASP fills this void so that budding game development studios can learn from those that have gone before thme and stand on the sholders of those who are allready successfully creating and selling games online.

Hi Jester!f

thanks for the information! So, there is light at the horizont,.. you just have to have enough patience and pay attention to quality. Its good to know, that one _could_ have success (depending on various matters like quality, marketing, uniqueness, etc,..)

quote: Original post by Jester101
Har!

Selim just for you:
"oh, yes, I earn many 1000$''s each month with my games and thus I''ve quit my 9-5 job".
(Yes, but I never had a different job...)

And I am proud to be not an ASP member (anymore).
Actually I am thinking of joining it again, mainly because Steve seems to believe so much in them.

[edited by - Jester101 on June 25, 2002 1:08:27 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement