🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My book is finally available for pre-order!

Started by
31 comments, last by LostLogic 22 years, 12 months ago
I put in an order for it, but I only wish it was out right now so I dont have to wait a few months before I get it.

Possibility
Advertisement
Thanks for the preorder! I wish it was out right now too, so that I would finally have some free time.

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Finally decided to register, anyway, I also finally pre-ordered the book and I sure hope it lives up to our expectations... and yours. Thanks!

Dennis
-Dionysus
Thanks Dionysus (and all others that ordered it!)

I hope you enjoy it. If you run into any problems or have ANY questions about it please email me at webmaster@lostlogic.com.

I will be posting updates and such to my website also.

Thanks!

LostLogic

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

I have also pre-ordered it!

LostLogic , I´m having very high expectations about your book dont let me down!
How advanced does the part on DPlay get? I''m looking at optimizing speed and minimizing lag.

Ben
http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com

KalvinB,

Most of the packetsize/optimization/frequency type information I cover fits both sockets and DPlay since that subject is rather API non-specific.

I am not going to blow smoke though, it is not a book to teach DPlay 8.0 code gurus a ton of new tricks. Maybe that will come along in my next tome (or on my website.)

The book starts with the basics and then walks the reader up through writing two complete games. I do cover packet size/network architecture/etc. theory and such.

Basically, the book is intended for people who want to learn how to add communication code (TCP/IP,UDP) to their games with either DirectX or sockets.

LostLogic

June 14?!? Dang it, that's 2/3 of a month away! Oh well, I'll be impatiently waiting for the glorious day when I can walk down to my local bookseller and pick it up (no online ordering for me, I'm weird that way). I'm very excited with the prospect of your book, and have had a lot of trouble thus far finding good information on how to do network programming for games. I have faith that your book will provide the light I seek. Thank you so very much for writing it! I look forward to buying it next month.

- Bucket_Head

- Hai, watashi no chichi no kuruma ga oishikatta desu!
...or, in other words, "Yes, my dad's car was deliscious!"

Edited by - Bucket_Head on May 24, 2001 6:23:30 AM
- Hai, watashi no chichi no kuruma ga oishikatta desu!...or, in other words, "Yes, my dad's car was delicious!"
Already have it on my list of things to buy..

::looks both ways::
::Wispers::
Ok.. I said it now where''s my kickback?

------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote the best video game ever, then I woke up...

Grandus.Com
------------------------------------------------------------I wrote the best video game ever, then I woke up...
Go to books.com (Barnes and Noble), they have it for less than Amazon right now ($39.95 instead of $59.95!! at Amazon)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement