🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

XNA Workshop Member Introductions!

Started by
82 comments, last by Michael_B 13 years, 4 months ago
Hey everyone,

My name is Rod Hughes. I live in Dallas, Texas. I'm a self-taught developer currently using C# for building line-of-business apps. Back in the day I dabbled in assembly language for the Commodore 64 and wrote a few simple games. Recently, I've been working on a 2D game engine in XNA by myself, but I think it's time to receive some outside influence to expand my understanding of XNA and game design in general.
Advertisement
hi everyone

My name is Thomas Pinetz, I live in Austria and I'm 17.

I got programming knowledge in C/C++, Java, C# and a bit of assembler. Most of it is self taught, however I learned the basics at school. I got limited knowledge in the most popular graphics API like Direct3D & OpenGL and i have worked with SDL for school some.

I tried to learn XNA some time ago without real success, mainly because of the lack of a guideline.

I'm hoping to make contacts with other studends and find a gamedeveloping team to develop bigger games.

Hello all ;)

My name is Christopher or for my friends just Chrissi. Im 20 years old and i live in Hamm, Germany and im studying Informatics at the TU(Technical University) Dortmund in, well, Dortmund xD. May be a bit confusing that my shortname is Chrissi ... Everytime i sign up somewhere just with "Chrissi" as nickname everyone thinks that im a girl ;). Well in Germany usually there are no female Chrissi's ;)

Well ... Im interested in 3D-Game Programming and i've tried some tutorials ... I've introduced myself into DirectX11-basics and mostly i write in C++, but i like C#, too. It's a really nice language and XNA is one of the most powerful tools i know. Once we had a "crash-course" in XNA. We had a 2h lesson and then we had 8 hours to program a simple 2D Game. We did a kind of Super-Mario-Evade game, a little bit buggy, but still funny =)
I hope i will learn a lot more by now, making games just makes so much fun. It's really awesome. One of my dreams =)
Hopefully i will finish my running project. Until now i've just got the idea for the game. But i will start programming soon.

So far,
Chrissi =)
Hey all,

My name is Hagalin, I'm 23 years old and I live in Iceland. I'm a C/C#/C++/Java programmer with 3 years in experience. I have a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical engineering from the University of Iceland and my experience is mostly hardware development, embedded systems, robotics and simulations. I really want to expand my software developing by taking this course and what better motivation is there than video games. I'm a programming enthusiast and really eager to learn more even though I plan to study Applied Physics in the future. I got 2 friends who are taking this course as well and we hope to make a game developing team hopefully with more people.

That pretty much sums it up so I just wish everyone good luck out there.
Hello there people!

Guess I too will share a welcome with everyone and let a little bit of information be known about myself. I've been programming for around 6 or 7 years now, I started from the real classics such as VB6 and worked my way up always being self taught. My first programming knowledge actually started with servers, then game servers, mainly mmo. I had no interest in actually running an mmo myself but the software behind an mmo I thought was truly amazing and to replicate a server like that was a huge thing for me. From here I moved on to game modding/scripting and this was where my thirst for game development flourished lol before long I wanted to make my own stuff. I started with Director and Flash both of which I hated! I wanted to stay on familiar ground... At the time I was programming and working with Java a language I liked a lot which was when I found XNA, okay it was C# but I'm sure most people know the difference here is minor! I tried it anyway and I knew I found what I was looking for. Since then I've been working on small projects and I feel my 2d side is quite up to scratch atm. I'm now planning on upgrading my knowledge enough to be able to start tackling 3d and I also want to polish myself using this course. Hopefully then I can get myself some work with a team and a small portfolio going.

Sadly I have no work I can show anyway atm due to life circumstance and losing my old computer I'm missing a lot of old projects and so on, the only thing I really have atm was a windows phone 7 directional pad I released on the XNA forum.

Anyway sorry for the ramble and life story :P look forward to doing the course with everyone and hopefully making a few friends and/or partners along the way.
Wow how many new users! Most of them made their first post right in this thread!
Welcome all!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Hi everyone!

I'm Johnny from Philippines. I am a 3rd yr ComSci student and it is my dream to make AAA games in the future. I have experience programming mostly in C, knows C++ a little, and I am loving programming in C#. I have made a simple 2d game in Java before as a school project and Tetris in XNA 4.0. I took a couple of XNA tutorials to prepare for this workshop. I also know some basics of 3d game programming. I would like to meet friends here in this workshop to make a team project in the future.

My name is Justin. I've got about 2 or 3 years programming experience with C#/C++/VB. I've dabbled in a couple of XNA tutorials just to make simples scrollers and what not. I know enough to know that I don't know hardly anything. You know, after this workshop is complete, I'm def going to want to form a team and see what we can come up with; hopefully I can make some good contacts on here with fellow students ;)

Pretty stoked about this. Good luck, everyone.

-Justin

Hi Justin. Maybe we could be teammates after this. ;)
Hi there!

My name is Andre, I am 17 years old and I live in Germany. I've been doing C++ for about 2 years now, currently coding a game-engine (Called "[w]tech") which we will use for our teams upcoming indie-game "BeyondJupiter" (See signature). Before I went to C++ I did the coding part of two Mods for UnrealTournament3, "Tre - The Spreading" and "Tre - Last Life".
The second part, "Last Life" scored a honorable mention in the MakeSomethingUnrealContest. Not more, but well, at least something.
I started learning programming when I was about 9, using a rather old machine which had only DOS on it. I had some code from my cousin who was studying computer science at this time.
I learned only from modifying those files. Same with UnrealScript later. I didn't even had Internet till the last year (February I think) at this time. For C++ I luckily had a book. :rolleyes:

Wow how many new users! Most of them made their first post right in this thread!
Welcome all!

Agreed! Welcome all! Making my humble account seem old and dated at this point ;)
Hi everyone :)...
My name is Hisham, 20 years old, ITE student 3rd year Damascus university in Syria.
I've programmed several "games" with XNA, but nothing real so far, still learning :rolleyes:.

First started programming with VB6 then moved to C++, now mainly using C#.
I've always loved games programming, My first games were in VB6 (Windows forms), then moved to SFML,
I've also worked a little with OpenGL but didn't like it, then I found out about XNA and since then it's my ultimate choice for both 2D and 3D.

Since I'm not in to web programming I used Wordpress.com to create my blog www.ghoshehsoft.wordpress.com

Well, I better get back to my study , Its raining exams now...:angry:
__________________________________________My Blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement