🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

XNA Workshop Member Introductions!

Started by
82 comments, last by Michael_B 13 years, 4 months ago
Hello.

First year Computer Science in university, learning Java. Previously did C++ in school and some Actionscript elsewhere.
Advertisement
Hi,

Paul, C++ programmer of about twenty or so years now. Used to work as an employment consultant until a recent massive mental collapse, now I'm not anything really.

I've been working on a 2D platformer for about 2 years now that is receiving some positive feedback which I have the pipedream of one day finishing and selling online for a few quid a pop.

You can try the demo if you want. Shameless plug ends.
Pozdrav :D

NeveN, final year before my master degree at Faclty of Electrical Engineering in Osijek, Croatia. I started programming in C# back in high school, and continued to work on it during my studies. Have some experience with XNA 3.1, but nothing significant.

Hello everyone.

My name is Matt. I'm 26 and currently working as a C# programmer for a provider of foodservice cataloging software, though it's really more from luck than anything, as I was only offered the promotion from general IT when our junior programmer quit. Nevertheless, I do love programming and have felt my skills improve dramatically since the summer. I've always had an interest in writing a game, but I either lacked the skills in the past or lacked the time to commit and teach myself without some form of guidance, so I'm looking forward to this workshop.

Cheers
Hey there. My name's Ted, and I'm from Ontario, about 30 minutes from Toronto. I graduated in 2007 as a programmer analyst, and I've always wanted to make games. I've found it difficult to make headway though because I have a tendency to overdesign a given project, or change my goals at some point; in other words, I'm creating my own frustration. I'm hoping that this workshop provides me with enough direction to get stuff done for a change, so I can hopefully get to work on making old-school JRPGs.

Looking forward to the workshop, and seeing what awesome things people create.
Well Hello everyone!

My name is Lachie (pronounced Locky) from the land of the long white cloud. I have dabbled here and there with coding mostly teaching myself but have done a few courses on the subject. mostly i have dabbled in C# nothing concrete to showcase but i hope to change that with this workshop. Looking to enter into the XNA Dream Build Play and hopefully further.
"No challenge in life is insurmountable, one can always learn the answer."
Hi All, I'm Grant.
I'm a final year student CompSci at Aston University in the UK. I have mostly been focusing on Java in my course but have managed to teach myself C++ over the last year.
I'll be using this course to expand my programming portfolio and increase my chances land a job in the Games Industry.

Thanks to everyone who has organised this and I look forward to this unique shared experience.
Game Designer at Playground Games
Hello all.

My name is Alec and I'm a recent Computing Science graduate. I've been programming with C++ and C# using XNA during that time and now that i'm finished with higher education (for now), i'm focused on building up some work for my portfolio. I'm working on an indie project right now for an XBLIA game and i'm hoping to finish for the Dream.Build.Play challenge but its looking a bit unlikely.

I'm looking forward to the workshop and to learning new things and also hoping to get to know some new people who share a passion in making games.
So many people with tons of past experiences! I hope I can keep up :)
Hi, my name is George. I'm 20 (21 as of March) and I've been working to learn programming in the C Languages for the past few years. I've got the basics down, and I'm hoping that by taking this course I can get a better grasp of programming as a whole. Oh, and I've got a lot of (what I consider) to be decent game ideas :). Coupled with the XNA license I hope to get my break into the game industry (and absorb as much knowledge along the way XD).

Has anyone received any emails yet from the course? Trying to decide whether or not my primary email is acting up and just dropping emails like it randomly chooses to.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement