🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

About LostLogic's book!

Started by
22 comments, last by leggyguy 22 years, 9 months ago
Niphty,

The RTS book should be out about this time next year. It really depends on the release of DirectX 9 since the book uses it. I will post more information on my website as it develops.

As for an advanced multiplayer book, I have been compiling material to cover. Any ideas you have are welcome, I am considering every request I get. I know that I will cover TCP/IP, UDP, and socket functionality more extensively this time around now that the foundation is in place.

Thanks for your interest.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
LostLogic:
I just ordered your book, the first computer-related book I''ve bought, actually. I just hope I''ll get the time to read it between classes =)
LL: I was hunting through some directx newsgroups and several MS employee posters did mention that they''re targeting 2nd quarter of next year for the release of DX9..

Wazoo
Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
LOST DA BOM!!!!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement