Redirecting scam ads...

Started by
3 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 9 months ago

I got one of those ads that redirect you to a page and won't let you go back. It was a page about a MediaMarkt gift card. I'm on mobile (Chrome on Android) and in Germany.

Does someone else have this issue? I remember it happening a couple years ago on multiple websites...

Edit: Just got it again... Please fix.

Advertisement

I had something similar a few months ago. Only way to get rid of it was to force close the browser, try to get the browser to show a new tab on reopening to get access to the browsers UI (which was blocked from appearing by the phishing site) and close the tab from the tab list.

It made me stop looking at gamedev on mobile. You could try your luck with adblocking, because IMHO protection from malware trumps helping sites putting such risks on viewers.

The thing is, those sites can't even do much about that. It happened a few years ago on multiple sites all over the Internet. It is the advertising provider that serves them with these ads. So either switch your advertising provider or... Well, I don't see any other option.

I'll check (sorry, I've been without Internet a few days). This is likely affecting multiple websites, but I can at least get it flagged as inappropriate.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement