Opening a thread takes you to the last reply

Started by
16 comments, last by Endurion 4 years, 1 month ago

Endurion said:
GameDev.net feels nearly dead, there's not much new posts at all.

What GameDev site are you visiting? Some days are slow, others are super busy. Content is regularly posted - tutorials, blogs, projects, etc. Statistically, GameDev.net is the busiest it's been in 7+ years.

The math formula capability has been around for 10 years and is actually used quite a bit in the Math forum.

I'll look into an account setting to disable the markdown for the editor. This was a common member request to simplify formatting, particularly for blogs and tutorials.

The disparity in visitors' preferences here is huge. Wider than anything I've experienced with other audiences. Catering to all the combinations just takes time and generally is going to upset somebody, but I continue to look at what's feasible.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

fleabay said:
why is there extra unremovable line spacing everywhere, like here?

Try Shift+Enter if you don't want a new paragraph.
Like this.

fleabay said:
And why can't we see the last time a user was active?

That can be added. Where specifically do you want to see that? Optionally, a user's profile shows latest activity.

Admin for GameDev.net.

@khawk: I'm only looking at the forums, and I feel they have way less action as they had a few years before. In detail, For Beginners, General Programming, Graphic Programming, The Lounge.

Anyhow, you're doing a great job, keeping calm with all my ranting ?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

@Endurion Latest push has the markdown disable for the editor. Defaults to on. Check the Content tab in the Settings. Also added instructions for the markdown, for those who want to use it (will eventually get this with the editor too).

Also added ability to follow forum posts and blogs (defaults to follow when replying to a forum topic) with an additional setting to control whether you want to be notified when someone follows your content. If you follow something, you'll be notified. This is also a step toward a home page that let's you view forums, members, blogs, etc that you follow in addition to your interests and special topics. Getting there slowly but surely.

Next step is to add the ability to follow projects and portfolios.

Once the Follow capability is complete, I think I can add the original request for this topic.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Testing, testing:

WM_KEY_DOWN WM_KEY_UP, etc..

* looking good ?

Thanks, that's one step forward! ?
Now you just need to add the double line break thingy to the auto-markup and we're almost at a usable editor again! :P

Edit: Hmm, I'd have thought that insert media would accept the gif, but the editor denies it.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

@fleabay Like this?

Endurion said:
Edit: Hmm, I'd have thought that insert media would accept the gif, but the editor denies it.

@endurion Gif would fall under insert image (media == video/audio), but I just added the above to convert a URL (jpg, png, gif) to image embed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

As add a link to an image and it becomes an image? Doesn't seem to work for me. And I can't pass a URL for Add Image.

http://glasnost.itcarlow.ie/~powerk/GeneralGraphicsNotes/LightingShadingandColour/lighting_images/img375.gif

Also, what's this for: When I paste the same URL in the editor it vanishes at once?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement