I cannot log in

Started by
4 comments, last by Beosar 4 years, 2 months ago

I can't log in on my PC, I'm on my phone now. I was logged in on my phone already, that's why I can write this. It doesn't tell me that my password is wrong even if I enter a wrong password…

Edit: I actually entered the wrong password, it should tell me though. I thought the login was turned off because of the spam problem in the forums… I got a message from a hot girl who wants to talk to me for example…

Advertisement

I've read some lengthy discussion on the internet which says that your user name is now a secret like your password or so and that every login should ask for name (send that to server (I forgot why)) then for password () and after that either accept (200) or deny (403). No hints to potential attackers. I only see this logins on bad site like from microsoft who merge and split internet domains every few month.

I did not understand these theoretical discussions. Just force a longer password.

Yeah I am very confused, spammy PMs, redirects (only on gamdev.net so it is not my browser (I hope)), fullscreen Ads.

arnero said:
I've read some lengthy discussion on the internet which says that your user name is now a secret like your password

Well, my username is not very secret. You can literally read it above my post.

arnero said:
Yeah I am very confused, spammy PMs, redirects (only on gamdev.net so it is not my browser (I hope)), fullscreen Ads.

Not sure what happened, one day everything was full with ads for stuff like p***s enlargement.

Beosar said:

I can't log in on my PC, I'm on my phone now. I was logged in on my phone already, that's why I can write this. It doesn't tell me that my password is wrong even if I enter a wrong password…

Edit: I actually entered the wrong password, it should tell me though. I thought the login was turned off because of the spam problem in the forums… I got a message from a hot girl who wants to talk to me for example…

There is a link for “Forgot Password” on the login screen.

If you're getting spammed PMs then you might want to report it to a mod so they can look into it further.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Rutin said:
There is a link for “Forgot Password” on the login screen.

I saved it in my browser and apparently changed it afterwards, it didn't give me a message that my password was wrong so I assumed the login was just disabled because of the spam problem or because something was broken, given the bugs on this website that was not a very unreasonable conclusion…

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement