Is there website maintenance going on?

Started by
5 comments, last by khawk 2 years, 9 months ago

GameDev.net hasn't reliably been loading for me the last couple weeks. Very slow responses, timeouts, etc. when trying to access the forums. I've seen this when trying to access the website from several different devices using different networks.

Is there some sort of maintenance going on right now? (sorry if I'm out of the loop, I haven't seen any announcements).

Advertisement

Thomas Izzo said:
Is there some sort of maintenance going on right now?

Yeah, website is offline half of the time at least.
And… i mean we're used to do ‘maintenance’ all the time, usually without breaking the code from working? :D :P

There's been a strange set of requests hitting the site since ~June 28. I think they're resolved.. if you see less issues, then we know the fix worked..

Admin for GameDev.net.

Based on server monitoring the last 24 hours, the “fix" appears to be working! Hopefully less issues going forward.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Two more days of downtime

Yes, there were some problems the last 2 days causing the site to go down intermittently, and I have been recovering from surgery and couldn't address the problem right away.

Anyway, the software needed to better handle yet another spam attack. Should be good now.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement