What Game Engine can code Star Dew Valley?

Started by
3 comments, last by Shaarigan 2 years, 4 months ago

If I'm looking to create a game similar to Star Dew Valley with similar mechanics, which no-code Engine (such as GDevelop or Construct) would you recommend?

Apologies if this is a dumb question. I've never designed or code a game before. Right now it's just an idea, and I'm in the research stage to learn more. Please forgive my ignorance.

Advertisement

“What engine” is not a Game Design question. Moved to a more appropriate forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'd recommend the engine you like best. Give both a test-drive, eg make a person walking across the screen or so. Something really simple. Also check out the community, since those are the people that can help you if you have a problem with the engine.

I briefly looked at both engines you mentioned, and both seem capable enough at first sight.

Start very simple (more simple than what you think as “simple" now), and gradually extend with very small steps.

Metalcactus said:
no-code

Sorry but game development is done by Artists, Audio People, Designers AND Programmers. There might be some simple do-my-game-idea-for-me solutions but you will never ever have a specific, possible AAA game be made in this kind of solutions. You might get somewhere but spend a lot of time to get around possible limitations in what those solutions can offer if you want to get specific features done and Stardew Valley is a very specific requirement.

If you want to make a game, go and either get some skills and a team or learn how programming works and buy or get some free Assets to have imt finished

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement