Why is the site so slow?

Started by
15 comments, last by Gnollrunner 10 months, 1 week ago

I haven't been active since 2011. Clearly, much has changed. However, the site is painfully slow. Any internal link takes seconds to load. This is the only site that I have this problem with and it's not a cookie or cache issue, again, since I haven't been active in over a decade.

Is this a known issue, or could it have something to do with the inactive profile? Why is my user name in my account settings “MarkS156960”?

No, I am not a professional programmer. I'm just a hobbyist having fun...

Advertisement

Could this be part of the problem? When I click on my profile picture and then “My Profile” from the drop down menu, I get this:

Is there someone I can contact directly? This, “Problems should be reported through the Support system, accessible through your Profile menu," does not exist due to the profile menu issue I'm experiencing.

MarkS said:
Could this be part of the problem? When I click on my profile picture and then “My Profile” from the drop down menu, I get this:

This might be a problem with your profile (I get normally my profile with latest activity, etc.).

MarkS said:
However, the site is painfully slow. Any internal link takes seconds to load. This is the only site that I have this problem with and it's not a cookie or cache issue, again, since I haven't been active in over a decade.

It took 131 requests to load this, 2.3 MB transferred (total 14.0 MB resources), loading in about 1.66s. Not great, not terrible. If I'm not mistaken - the upkeep and development is done in free time. I believe you can send message to @khawk directly - I have a feeling he is in charge of development (or doing some/most of it). I might be wrong though.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Underscore to the rescue.

MarkK. said:

Underscore to the rescue.

Huh?

It's okay. I understand.

Keep your head down. It's about to get ugly.

MarkK. said:

It's okay. I understand.

What what now?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

MarkK. said:

It's okay. I understand.

What what now?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement