Looking for beginners in any discipline

Started by
55 comments, last by NachoSmalls 4 years ago

@lauta I would like to hop on board here if this invite is still open. I used to write a lot of C# code back when it was version 2.0/3.0/3.5 (which was 10+ years ago), but then moved more into the web space and architecture, among other things. Recently I've been learning the Godot engine and Blender as the quality and usability seems to have recently improved quite a bit.

None

Advertisement

@lauta I would like to hop on board here if this invite is still open. I used to write a lot of C# code back when it was version 2.0/3.0/3.5 (which was 10+ years ago), but then moved more into the web space and architecture, among other things. Recently I've been learning the Godot engine and Blender as the quality and usability seems to have recently improved quite a bit.

None

My advice to you guys is to jump in and start creating something. Do a quick brainstorming session or two for a basic and small game idea, then get to work. Use technologies and skills you have among you, and get moving.

It doesn't need to be great and it doesn't even need to succeed. It can still be a fun and valuable work experience.

Check out War to the Core the world domination space MOBA-RTS hybrid.
Join us on Discord.
Into sci-fi novels? Then check out Spectral Legends.

@Lotus Definitely agree! There's easily enough of us to put something together ?

Creator of the fast action combat game Planet Bounce.

I can to try help you with game ideas. Write to email

Hello!

I am a novice programmer with a couple of years experience in C++ and Java. I just recently started getting into Unity and C#.

I have trouble with idea creation and game design, and hope a group like this could let me collaborate on a project that is a little more cohesive than whatever garbage I've been throwing together.

AKPatriot#7062

@akpatriot Hi. I have some ideas. And i am well organized man - i am not coder, but i am creative and have special knowledge about reality (i have a doctor degree) and a lot of experience like gamer (I finalized more than 200 games from beggining to final captions). We can talk by usind email - write me venk.humanities.2018@gmail.com

p.s. akpatriot - you mean ak-47, are you from Russia?

I prefer to study alone because I study such things like TDD (unit testing) and no one study it for games. I advise you to make 3D clone of the Battle City game with cooperative or/and multiplayer by the Internet. For example, I made this tank in Blender 2.8 and textured it in GIMP:

Compere with the original tank:

@lauta I would also like to throw my hat into the ring if you need any extra help.
I have a few years of experience as a programmer in Java/C# and a little experience with Unity, but I'm always willing to learn and would love to help out in any way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement